- The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.
- Never pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just shoot you.
- I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy
- When seconds count, the cops are just minutes away.
- A reporter did a human interest piece on the Texas Rangers. The reporter recognized the Colt Model 1911 pistol the Ranger was carrying and asked him, “Why do you carry a 45?” The Ranger responded, “Because they don’t make a 46.”
- An old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented on his wearing his sidearm. She commented, “Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you expecting trouble?” He replied, “No Ma’am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have brought my shotgun as well.”
- Beware of the man who only carries one gun. He probably knows how to use it.
And my personal favorite:
- I was once asked by a lady who was visiting, if I had a gun in the house. I said I did. She said, “Well, I certainly hope it isn’t loaded!” To which I said, “Of course it is loaded, it won’t work without bullets!” She then asked, “Are you that afraid of someone evil coming into your house?” My reply was, “No, not at all. I am also not afraid of the house catching fire either, but I have fire extinguishers around, and they are all loaded too”.