Over the years I have heard these from gun training instructors and others so I did not write them. But they are good and deserve recognition here. If you own a gun you will probably appreciate these. Of course, if you don’t own a gun, get one, learn how to use it responsibly, perhaps by going to Front Sight, then remember these rules.
In a gunfight, the most important rule is – HAVE A GUN.
- Guns have only two enemies: Rust and Politicians.
- It is always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
- Cops carry guns to protect themselves, not you.
- Never let someone, or something, that threatens you get within 20 feet.
- The average response time of a 911 call is 23 minutes. The average response time of a .357 Magnum is 1400 feet per second.
- Never say, “I’ve Got A Gun”. If you need to use deadly force, the first sound they should be the click of the safety coming off.
- The most important rule in a gunfight is “Win”. Always Win, cheat if you have to. A gunfight is a deadly struggle. There is no such thing as a fair gunfight so cheat if it means that you will win.
- Make your attacker advance through a wall of bullets. In the end, he may kill you with your own gun but he is going to have to use it to beat you to death with it because it will be empty.
- If you’re in a gunfight, you should be shooting at your attacker. If you’re not shooting, you should be loading. If you’re not loading, you should be moving. If you’re not moving, you’re dead.
- In a life and death situation, Do Something. It may be wrong, but Do Something.
- If you carry a gun, people may call you paranoid. Bullshit. If you’re carrying a gun what do you have to be paranoid about.
- You can say “Stop”, or any other word. But a large bore muzzle pointed straight at their head is pretty much a Universal Language.
- Never leave an enemy behind. If you have to shoot, shoot to kill. If you end up in court, yours will be the only testimony.
- You cannot save the planet, but you may be able to save yourself and your family.
Always remember this quote from one of America’s premier Founding Fathers. “Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everyone stands around reloading.” – Thomas Jefferson